The SPIRE Scholarship Program recognizes academic achievement and community involvement.
A total of $5,000 in scholarships were awarded to three $1,000 scholarships for traditional students (graduating high school seniors) and two $1,000 scholarships for non-traditional students (returning to or continuing college).
Applicants completed an online application form and submitted a 500-1,000 word essay on the topic, “How has the global pandemic financially affected you and/or your family, and what steps have you taken to manage your finances throughout this time?”
Scholarships will be paid out directly to the school during the student’s first quarter/semester.
There will be a one-year expiration date on all scholarships. Any funds not used within one year will be returned to SPIRE.
- Must be a primary member of SPIRE Credit Union.
- SPIRE account must be in good standing.
- Applicants must submit an online application and write an essay of 500-1,000 words.
- Student must retain a 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Do not include the applicant's name or family members' names in your essay or community involvement responses as this will result in disqualification of the application.
- Scholarships will be awarded to applicants attending any post-secondary, accredited school (2-year, 4-year, trade school, vocational school, etc.).
- Applicants will be selected by a committee based on the following: overall presentation of essay and application (appearance, style, grammar, content); community involvement; school/extracurricular activities
- Applications available starting early February 2021.
- Completed applications must be received by April 15, 2021.
2021 Scholarship Winners