It’s time to open up your windows, let the fresh air in and do some spring cleaning. It’s also a good time to clean up your digital devices and perform some simple steps to help prevent fraud and identity theft:
- Make sure your online devices have the most up-to-date software and anti-virus protection.
- Sign up for alerts on your accounts and enable two-factor authentication whenever available.
- Change your passwords, and make sure to use a unique password for your financial account.
- Familiarize yourself with the most common scams.
- Check your credit report(s) for anything unknown and freeze your credit if not already done.
- Be aware of what you share on your social media accounts
Knowledge is power! Sharing what you know with family and friends can help prevent fraud from happening to them as well Please visit myspire.com/fraud for information on fraud prevention.